Privacy and Legal
The following Privacy Statement applies to how we use and store personal information we hold about our customers. We take the privacy of your personal information very seriously and will only use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the current data protection law in the UK.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY?
Collecting Personal Information.
- We may collect information about you in the ways listed below:
- When you visit our website.
- When you contact us directly, either through our website, by telephone or by visiting our repair centre.
- When you purchase a product or service from us.
- From your vehicle’s manufacturer.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information. The types of information we collect from individuals will vary depending on the reasons for its collection and the individuals relationship with us:
- Your contact details (including name, gender, address, telephone numbers and email address)
- Driving licence information
- Your vehicle identification numbers.
WHY ARE WE ALLOWED TO PROCESS YOUR DATA?
Using Personal Information.
We will only use the personal information provided where we have a legal basis to do so, including:
- To provide or manage any information, products or services you have asked for.
- To enable us to provide access to the services offered on our website.
- To send invoices, statements and payment reminders to you, collect payments from you, and to help us recover debts.
- For general administration purposes.
- To help us improve the quality of our products and services.
- To help us detect and prevent fraud and money laundering.
- To carry out statistical analysis.
- To inform you about products and services we offer that may be of interest to you.
HOW DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
How we may share your personal information.
We may disclose your information, where we have a legal basis for doing so, as follows:
- To our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it is reasonable to do so. Where your consent is required to facilitate this sharing, we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Our manufacturer partners
- Third party product or service providers(which you have purchased through us with your permission)
- Our insurers
- Our auditors
- Software providers, including but not limited to:
- Reynolds & Reynolds Ltd
HOW CAN YOU BE ASSURED THAT YOUR DATA IS BEING HANDLED APPROPRIATELY?
Security Of Personal Information.
- Personal information we hold in physical form will be held securely, with access limited to only those who require it.
- We will only store your data for as long as it is reasonable to do so, after this time it will be securely destroyed.
WHAT ABOUT THE SECURITY OF MY INFORMATION WHEN DEALING WITH YOU ONLINE?
Security of Information when dealing with us online.
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Digital storage of the personal information we hold will be done on secure servers, protected by passwords and firewalls.
Data transferred electronically to and from us will be done so using secure methods, using encryption technologies where possible.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you via a subject access request.
- Subject Access Requests must be submitted in writing by post to: Data Protection, Marehay Garage Services Ltd, 300, Derby Road, Marehay, Ripley, Derbyshire DE5 8JN or via email to email@example.com
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming your identity, provide you with all relevant data in the most practical format, unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible, within the legally required timeframe.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- It is your right that any inaccuracies in the data we hold are rectified. If you believe any of the personal information we hold on you is incorrect or out-of-date, please contact us.
- You may instruct us to destroy any or all your personal information that we hold, and we will do this quickly as possible. We may be unable to comply with this request in the following instances, where continuing to hold and process the data is required..
- To comply with a legal obligation
- For statistical research
- To exercise, or in the defence of, legal claims.
- You may instruct us to cease processing of all your personal information, and we will do this as quickly as possible.
- You may instruct us to cease processing all of your personal data specifically for marketing purposes, and we will do this as quickly as possible. You can also…
- Stop us sending you marketing communications by email by using the “unsubscribe” button.
- Stop us sending you marketing communications via SMS by calling us.
- Update which methods of communication you would like us to use to contact you.
- If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, details below:
Post:- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Call:- 0303 123 1113
WHAT IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS BREACHED?
Data Protection Issues.
If you have any data protection concerns or issues, or have any questions about the way we use data, please contact us by writing to:- Data Protection, Marehay Garage Services Ltd, 300 Derby Road, Marehay, Ripley, Derbyshire DE5 8JN or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW LONG WILL YOUR DATA BE STORED?
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with an enquiry.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where
- the law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
- where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query; or
- you exercise you right to have the information erased(where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law.
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND HOW IT IS HANDLED?
If you have any concerns, questions or enquiries as to your personal data and how it is handled, please email Ian Dawes at email@example.com or call 01773 570 470.
When you visit our website
When someone visits our website, we may collect standard internet log information (your IP address, browser, and type of device) and details of visitor behaviour patterns (where you joined our site from, the path you take through our site and where you leave). These are stored against unique ids (which are strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, the general geographic location of visitors and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and services, and provide business intelligence. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely. We also use Google Analytics to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns, which are stored against unique ids(i.e strings of numbers). We collect this information for the legitimate business purpose of monitoring website traffic and engagement levels, which in turn enables us to make improvements to our website and the way we sell our services. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. It is kept indefinitely. When you visit our website, we may save cookies to your device. The types of cookies used on our website and what they do are:-
- Strictly necessary – strictly necessary cookies are essential to let you move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas, shopping baskets and online billing. These cookies allow our website to provide services at your request.
- Performance – performance cookies collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit most often, and if you experience any error messages. They also allow us to update our website to improve performance and tailor it to your preferences. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you – all the information collected is anonymous. They will not be used to target adverts to you on other websites.
- Functional – Functionality cookies are used to remember the choices you make, e.g. your user name, log in details and language preferences. They also remember any customisations you make to the website to give you enhanced, more personal features.
- Targeting – Targeting cookies collect information about your browsing habits to deliver adverts which are more relevant to you and your interests. They also measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
- Click on the ‘change cookie settings’ button at the bottom of every page on our website and select which cookies you would prefer not to be saved on your computer.
- By modifying the settings in your browser. Doing this will affect all websites you visit and you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our website. You can find information on how to disable or enable cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org
VAUXHALL PRIVATE POLICY